Advertisement
West Blount Directory mobile leaderboard house ad v2 (300x50)

History Glossary

Hayden

Place

A west Blount County town, originally settled as early as the 1820s and known as Rockland. Renamed Hayden in 1914, when the L&N relocated its main line through it - the same relocation that stranded Reid’s Gap. Named for Major Hayden, a former U.S. Army officer who settled the area before the Civil War.

Full story: From Rockland to Hayden.

Share with

Scroll to Top